8, 005 Likes 145 Dislikes
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?page_id=7366
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: http://madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Today I show you how to make a decadent dessert combining three of your (and mine) favuorite things- cake, Ferrero Rochers and Nutella!
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Watch me LIVE on Periscope @cupcakeNcardio
Ferrero Rocher and Nutella Cake Roll
Cake roll batter https://youtu.be/f2lVkHEwEgs
Nutella Buttercream https://youtu.be/OMrRi9etWtg
Chocolate Ganache https://youtu.be/UFW59OLLoDc
White chocolate ganache
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper, and spray liberally with non stick spray.
3. Pour cake batter into the pan, and spread flat with an offset spatula.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cake springs back after being touched.
5. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a piece of parchment paper. Gently roll the cake up, with the parchment paper, starting at one end, and set aside to cool.
6. When cooled, unroll cake and spread on Nutella buttercream. Place a line of Ferraro Rochers at the start of the roll, and re-roll the cake around the chocolates.
7. Place cake roll onto a long rectangular cake.
8. Top cake roll with additional Ferraro Rochers (whole and halved), ganaches, and chopped nuts.
9. Slice and serve so each piece has a Ferrero from the center of the roll.
10. Cake can be kept in the fridge and is best consumed within 2-3 days.
Cake Roll batter
1 cup flour (120g)
1 teaspoon baking powder (5mL)
1/2 teaspoon salt (2.5mL)
1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (5mL)
1/4 cup milk (hot) (60mL)
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, whip the eggs, sugar and lemon juice until thick.
3. Heat the milk and slowly add it to the egg mixture and whip until very thick.
4. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and use a spatula to fold together. Once combined, add remaining flour amount and continue to fold until incorporated.
1 tablespoon Butter
2/3 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (8 ounces)
1. Heat cream in microwave until very hot.
2. Add chocolate chips and butter and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Stir until chips melt and mixture becomes smooth.
4. Allow to cool slightly before using.
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups icing sugar
3/4 cup Nutella
3-4 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add icing sugar and combine.
3. Add vanilla, Nutella and cream one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.